I’ve been blessed to be able to spend quality time with my parents and family over the past few months. Even though I’ve been in the US for 30+ years, I still feel right at home in France. It’s going to be hard to say goodbye in 48 hours but it’s time I go. The good news is that I am bringing back a piece of Provence with me.
While staying in the lovely city of Aix-en-Provence where my parents live, I researched local small businesses to see what kind of gems I could bring back to the US. I contacted several manufacturers, tested various lotions and potions and found a winner.
Let me introduce you to Coeur de Cigale, a small manufacturer from Provence founded and run by Nathalie Lorecki, who was a pharmacist for many years in Aix-En-Provence. She was fascinated by the power of plants. Having experienced first hand the increasing demand for natural skin care products from Provence, she was eager to bring simple and natural solution to the skin’s essential needs. Coeur de Cigale was born.
Coeur de Cigale means Heart of Cicada, which is a type of cricket that is commonly found in provence and known for making quite a ruckus during the hot summer months. Come to provence in the summer and you’ll know what I mean. While it may drive some crazy, provence wouldn’t be the same without lavender and sunflower fields, almonds, honey and the song of the cicada.
Since Nathalie’s products are made in provence from ingredients typical of and from provence (the only thing that is not from provence but still made in France is her packaging), the name Coeur de Cigale is perfect. And so are the colors of her packaging and the unique and delightful scent of her products inspired by calissons.
Calissons are a traditional French candy that consist of a smooth paste of candied fruit and almonds. They are light, delicious, and oh-so provençal!
Nathalie has brilliantly combined the active ingredients from the Calisson to create her unique and delightful line of products: sweet almond, lavender honey, melon, orange, orange blossom and bitter almond, all of which have hydrating, soothing and regenerating properties.
Let’s take a quick look at the active ingredients and what they do.
- Organic sweet almond oil – smoothes, softens, and moisturizes the skin. High of vitamin E and antioxidants, making it great for reducing fine lines and wrinkles and combating aging by destroying free radicals.
- Organic orange essential oil – soothes. High in vitamin C and antioxidants, it promotes collagen production, and improves tone and texture making skin appear more youthful and healthy.
- Distilled organic orange blossom water – softens, regenerates and soothes the skin
- Hydro-glycerine melon extract – smoothes the skin, antioxidant
- Organic lavender honey – soothes and regenerates the skin
I have decided to add both the hand cream and lip balm. Over the past couple of weeks, I have had numerous people in my family, men and women of all ages, try these two products and their feedback was astounding.
Hand & Nail Cream
My mother who isn’t easily impressed LOVED the hand cream. Seconds into trying it, my mother was oohing and aging, sniffing her hand constantly. She said “this hand cream is so much better than the one I’ve been using all these years. It’s richer, more hydrating and smells wonderful.” She even pointed out that the scent lasted a long time. Hours later, she could still smell it.
- Protects, nourishes and repairs dry hands and weakened nails.
- Contains vegetable glycerin, organic shea butter, organic olive oil from Provence and organic beeswax.
- Allantoin promotes soothing and healing.
- Remineralizing and fortifying for the nails, thanks to dry field horsetail extract.
- Contains restructuring almond protein.
- Delicately perfumed with sumptuous hints of the Calisson of Aix-en-Provence
- Non-greasy formula.
- Fits perfectly in your purse thanks to its size and thin packaging
- Perfect for travel – no leak tube
- Tube – 1.7 fl oz
Nourishing Lip Balm
The lip balm was in winner with my sister and brother-in-law who are both addicted to lip balms. They each have their favorite brand but one try of the Nourishing Lip Balm and they were converted. They loved how appeasing and hydrating the balm is. They also commented on the wonderful fragrance (which is 100% natural I might add. It is a blend of 100% essential oils).
- Delicately perfumed with the sumptuous hints of the Calisson of Aix-en-Provence
- Protects, nourishes, repairs and soothes dry cracked or damaged lips.
- Rich in organic shea butter (45%), organic beeswax and organic olive oil from Provence, for maximum comfort.
- Soothing and healing thanks to honey from Provence reinforced with Alpha-bisabolol.
- Jar – 0.5 fl.oz
I am very excited to share these products with you and look forward to hearing your feedback. If you want to treat yourself to something that is very provençal, you will love Coeur de Cigale. You will just have to close your eyes, hear the song of the cicadas, and invigorate your senses while being in harmony with one of the best products I have ever tried. Find out more about Coeur de Cigale’s hand cream and lip balm.