Do you ever wonder how toxic you are? Most people don’t realize the number of toxins they come in contact with every day. Researchers say that we can come in contact with about 500 chemicals a day. That’s frightening! But think about it: Chemicals are everywhere. They are in our water, the air we breathe, the foods we eat, our homes, offices, clothing, the personal care and cosmetics we use…This brief questionnaire by Brenda Watson, C.N.C will help you determine your current level of toxic exposure.
Are You Toxic? Questionnaire
- Do you brush your teeth daily? Yes = 1 No = 0
- Do you have silver dental fillings? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Have you ever had tooth extractions and/or root canal fillings? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you use unfiltered tap water to brush your teeth, shower, make coffee or drink? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you have one bowel movement or more daily? Yes = 1 No = 0
- Do you use commercial household cleaners, cosmetics, or antiperspirants? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Have you ever taken prescription medications or over-the-coungter medications? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you have wall-to-wall carpet in your home or office? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you prepare food in the microwave and/or use a cell phone? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you eat commercial (non-organic) vegetables, fruits, or meat? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you wear clothes that have been dry-cleaned? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you wear synthetic materials such as polyester? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you eat processed foods or fast food? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Have you ever smoked or been exposed to second-hand smoke? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you spend some time outdoors every day? Yes = 1 No = 0
- Do you eat in restaurants more than twice a week? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you use bug spray in your home or have a pest control service? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you use weed killer on your lawn? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you dye your hair? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you use cologne or perfume? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Are you overweight, underweight, or do you have cellulite? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Does your occupation expose you to toxins? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you drink alcoholic beverages regularly? Yes = 0 No = 1
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Sensitivity to perfume or other chemical odors Yes = 0 No = 1
- Persistent joint and/or muscle pain Yes = 0 No = 1
- Fatigue Yes = 0 No = 1
- Chronic infections Yes = 0 No = 1
- Depression Yes = 0 No = 1
- Headaches Yes = 0 No = 1
Now total up your score. The lower the score, the greater the potential toxic load you’re carrying. Regardless of your score, we all need to detox and be mindful of the products we use and the environment we live in.
I am actually in the middle of a detox now, Sharon Otness’ Rev Up Your Radiance Summer Detox, and am loving it. I feel wonderful and energized. I’m actually having more fun in the kitchen than I have in a long time. Next up on my detox journey is a juice fast. It will be my first and probably not my last!
8 Highly Effective Habits of a Detox Nutritionist
I know how easily we can get lost in all the natural health advice that floats around the internet, with so many possible alternative health practices out there to try and tons of conflicting advice. That’s why it pays to go straight to an expert, and it’s even better when you find advice from an expert who practices what she preaches–that way, you know the advice is well-tested! We love this article by a nutritionist sharing expert tips from her own detox routines: 8 Highly Effective Habits of a Detox Nutritionist.
What do you do to detox? I’d love to hear from you about any programs you’ve done, products you’ve used…