Today I am showcasing PUR Gum, a great tasting chewing gum free of sugar, aspartame, dairy, nuts, GMOs… and its CEO and founder, Jay Klein. Launched in 2010, PUR gum is truly dedicated to providing a healthy chewing gum. You’ll see why below.
About Jay Klein
I’ll begin with the heart and soul of PUR Gum in Klein. A born entrepreneur, Jay has spent his life inspiring those around him to accomplish their goals with the approach that with hard work, anything and everything is possible.
With his expertise in business and marketing, Jay had a vision, a vision to offer the world a chewing gum which would be free from chemicals and artificial sweeteners. The mission was on—and Jay set out to motivate, educate, and inspire consumers across the globe that great taste and long-lasting flavor could be attainable for those with dietary specifications, and those looking to KICK ASPARTAME from their lives once and for all! There is no denying that aspartame, the artificial sweetener found in candy, soda, chewing gum and so much more is unhealthy. It has even been linked to ninety-two health concerns and issues that could really burst your bubble!
Why Pur Gum chewing gum is a Healthy & Safe Alternative
PUR Gum’s philosophy is to make simple substitutions in the ingredients typically found in gum in order to provide consumers with a healthy chewing gum that is based around safe ingredients as well as lifestyle and diet restrictions like diabetes.
Health and safety is an intrinsic part of Pur Gum chewing gum – they really care about their customer’s health and fulfill that mission with a tall order – comply with so many diet restrictions.
PUR Gum is:
- Vegan – Believe it or not, chewing gum can easily be non-vegan because many of gums available contain gelatin or beeswax in their base, both of which are animal ingredients. PUR’s gum base contains absolutely no animal ingredients, and is 100% certified Vegan. PUR Gum understands the need for products that speak to certain diet restrictions, and lifestyle choices to promote optimal health across the globe.
- Gluten-free – Unfortunately, gluten sensitivities, allergies, and celiac disease affects people around the globe. That is why PUR Gum has created a gluten-free chewing gum alternative that contains no wheat ingredients so it can be consumed by people with celiac disease, or people that are simply sensitive to gluten.
- Non-GMO – Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are animals or plants that have been modified with chemicals so they can grow bigger and faster to increase production and revenue. GMOs are often found in most of foods we eat today, but may not be reflected on product labels. PUR Gum believes consumers have the right to be educated on these products and uses non-GMO ingredients to ensure they are safe to consume. To do this, PUR Gum is manufactured in Switzerland, where manufacturing GMO products are prohibited. The ingredients used in PUR Gum are taken from corn fibers grown in France and Italy, both under the European Commission, which regulates GMO free products to ensure their safety.
- Free of peanuts and other nuts – Most chewing gums contain peanuts or tree nuts (e.g., walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans), which account for many food-allergic reactions worldwide. Due to this growing problem of food allergies, PUR Gum is made of 100% nut-free ingredients and is manufactured in a nut-free environment. When they say PUR, they really mean it!
- Safe and healthy for diabetics – PUR Gum uses xylitol, a naturally occurring sweetener extracted from fibers of fruits and plants that transforms into optimal health benefits. It is used as a safe alternative for diabetics because it does not increase blood sugar levels, which keeps insulin levels from becoming imbalanced. Thank you PUR Gum for offering a safe and diabetic-friendly alternative.
- Dairy-free – Even though lactose, a type of natural sugar found in milk and dairy products, is found in many foods and products, a recent study showed that 60% of adults worldwide were considered to be lactose-intolerant. That is why PUR chewing Gum is produced in a lactose-free environment, and is 100% dairy-free.
Commitment to People, the Earth, Community and Charity
PUR Gum is eco-friendly and all of their packages are recyclable! Hurray for the earth!
In regards to community and charity, Klein sits on the Board of Governors for Mount Sinai Hospital, on the Board of the Jewish National Fund, and is a member of various charities working with the youth to put smiles on children’s faces worldwide.
Jay’s philanthropic work goes beyond the organizations to which he is involved— but spans into everyday life, as he continuously offers his hand or stick of gum to bring smiles and joy to the world around him.
Klein believes that it is all about the little things you can do and the random acts of kindness to put smiles on people’s faces that make a difference in the world. He lives by Tzedakah, which, in the jewish faith, is understood as a spontaneous act of goodwill and a marker of generosity. There is no doubt that PUR gum is not just any manufacturer but a company that stands for more than just chewing gum.
I hope you enjoyed the inside look at PUR Gum and Jay Klein. I love their transparency, commitment to the community and to providing a safe, delicious, and PUR product. Let’s all KICK ASPARTAME together!