I had dinner with a dear friend the other night. Our meal was exactly what we believe at XL Vita. That it’s important to live healthfully and indulge wholeheartedly.
Remember that 80/20 rule? It applies to everything. You wear 20% of your wardrobe 80% of the time. 20% of your clients generate 80% of your revenue…
I apply it to how I live my life. For example, I’m careful with what I eat about 80% of the time. The other 20% are what some call their “cheat” meals. I eat what I want, drink what I want.
We had a delicious salad with arugula, kale, cranberries… Then, for dessert, we had homemade dark chocolate and sipped on cognac. I had never tried cognac before and normally don’t eat dessert. As the chocolate melted in my mouth and the cognac warmed up my body, I was inspired to write this blog.
I believe that eating healthy, exercising, showing self love by self care… need to be a lifestyle not a new year’s resolution that lasts a week or a month. It’s important to live healthfully.
I also believe that life is meant to be enjoyed. That makes me think of the quote by William Purkey,
“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
Not to sound like a cliche, but remember to live every day as if it were your last. Embrace the moments in life when you indulge in something you love. Don’t attach judgement by thinking things like “it has too many calories” or ” I really shouldn’t have that”… As my friend Donna likes to say, “Stop should-ing all over yourself!”.
Live Healthfully. Indulge Wholeheartedly. Life is meant to be enjoyed!