Before I take on new products, I not only look at the quality, safety, and efficacy of the product, I look at the heart and soul of the company. Does the company have integrity and stand 100% behind their product? How do they support their community? What do they do to stand above the rest?
Today, I want to share with you the heart behind Harmony Cone Ear Candles.
- Harmony Cone helps create and support jobs in the USA because all their ear candles are handcrafted in America. This creates opportunities for single mothers, people with disabilities, home schooling families or the elderly, all in rural areas.
Harmony, the founder of Harmony Cone, was a single mother who homeschooled her children. She wanted to give other single mothers the opportunity to stay home with their children and watch them grow. That is why she works with those in need, provides training, and flexible hours. She understands and values the family dynamic and wants to ensure the health and wellbeing of the families she works with.
- Harmony Cone supports and promotes fair trade principles – Harmony’s Candles are handcrafted by individuals and families who create their own goals and work schedule, work from their home, and are paid weekly for their work.
- Harmony Cone does not discriminate. Harmony works with people of various ethnic, religious, and sexual orientations.
- Harmony Cone ensures good working conditions – Work hours are established by the families themselves, while the working conditions are established under good manufacturing processes (GMP) established by the USA. Each family’s working station/area is inspected bi annually to ensure cleanliness and GMP guidelines. Families work in well ventilated areas.
- Harmony Cone respects the environment – Harmony Cone Ear Candles are the only ear candles in the world that use sustainable certified organic cotton in conjunction with a high food grade wax that produces the least amount of particulates as compared to waxes of a lesser quality.
- Harmony Cone is sustainable with a neutral carbon footprint. They’ve set aside 19 out of 20 acres for this purpose. For the past 15 years, Harmony Cone generates its own electricity with biodiesel, grows organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs and recycles…
- Harmony encourages and helps the families she works with achieve their goals and dreams. I personally know Doc Harmony and think the world of her. She has a huge heart. I asked her to give me some examples of how she and Harmony Cone goes the extra mile:
- Harmony worked with a single mother who is a paraplegic. This woman is no ordinary woman. She was on the US olympic team for water skiing! But finding work was not easy. She had a lot of doctors appointments and needed a flexible schedule. Working with Harmony gave her the flexibility to do what she needed to do and make the extra income she needed to send her daughter to ballet university.
- Suzanne was a young woman with a dream to be an actress. With the encouragement and coaching of Harmony and the flexible hours, Suzanne was able to go to auditions and act in plays and movies. She is now able to pursue her dream full time.
- Tiffany’s goal as a mother was to get a job that allowed her to home-school her three children. Harmony Cone has a home schooling room with computers and over 300 books in their office. Parents can bring their children and pets to the office every day. The children are given an opportunity to be “interns” if they want to.. they are taught new skills, learn how to work, how to manage time, budgets, work with numbers…
- Meet Agnes, a mom with eight children She went to work with Harmony Cone over fifteen years ago because she was able to work when she had time, provide for her family, and stay at home with her children. She is still part of the Harmony family today.
- Harmony got a homeless woman get back on her feet. Not only did Doc Harmony give her a place to live and find her transportation but taught her how to make ear candles. She now has a place of her own and is “back on her feet”.
For more on Harmony Cone Ear Candles, vist my last blog called Stressed? Harmony’s Candles Help you Relax.