You know those moments where you just end up sort of… dragging? Maybe you didn’t sleep well, maybe you’re not getting the right nutrients, or maybe your physical fitness level isn’t enough to carry you through the day but, whatever it is, you need a way to perk up and only want all-natural energy boosters.
My Favorite Natural Energy Boosters
I used to be a caffeine junky. I would have coffee in the morning to make it to lunch and then an even bigger coffee to make it through the afternoon. Since I started taking care of my health and trying various natural energy boosters, I just don’t need coffee anymore. Here are some of my favorites:
- Invigorating Aromatherapy – I personally use essential oils like Altearah Royal Purple or Red Organic Eau de Parfum from the south of France for a little pick me up. I spray three times in my hand, rub my hands until dry and then inhale deeply a few times. I instantly feel more energized and ready for anything.
- Move Your Body – I also find that exercise, even a walk or a quick swim, or stretching tends to energize me. I go walking very morning for 30 minutes and love starting off my day that way.
- Sun Therapy – If I ever have the afternoon lows, I go and sit outside in the sun for about ten minutes.
- Juice Up – I make a fresh vegetable juice. I feel so amazing after a juice. I can almost hear my body singing. I now make a juice every day and have more energy now than I did in my twenties. Taking care of your health and feeding it the nutrients it needs will do wonders for your energy levels. You can also check out this list of 50 Natural Energy Boosting Smoothies. I am going to have fun with those recipes.
- Get Your Zzzs – I have found that going to bed around the same time every night and making sure I get my 7-8 hours of sleep a night helps me wake up energized, and not groggy like I used to.
- Drink Up – Sometimes we are low on energy because we are dehydrated. I drink a ton of water with lemon or use a “fizzing” drink with vitamins and over 72 electrolytes to keep me hydrated and energized.
Whether you try any of these natural energy boosters or not, make sure to listen to your body. It is always giving you clues as to what it needs.
A Naturopath’s Recommended Natural Energy Boosters
Gillian Flower, a naturopathic doctor, also has a great list of all-natural energy boosters that includes 10 short- and long-term ways to perk up, without any pills or unnatural energy drinks! Read: 10 Energy Boosters.
What are your favorite natural energy boosters? I’d love to hear and learn from you.