Since Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love, I think it’s important to not only show your loved ones that you love them but to remember to love yourself. As a friend of mine likes to say, “show self love by self care”.
This month, focus on love and gratitude. Per the wonderful wisdom of Louise Hay, allow and welcome love to flow through you and out into the world at large and watch as it comes back to you tenfold.
There are many ways you can love yourself. Here are some ideas. Practice them daily not just for Valentine’s Day.
14 Ways To Love Yourself
- Listen to music that makes your heart sing. I like to have a quick dance party every day. For example, listening to Robbie William’s Party Like a Russian lifts my spirits and energy instantly.
- Hire a pro to take amazing pictures of you so you can see your beauty as others see it.
- Keep a gratitude journal and write down all the things you’re grateful for. Do this every day. Even if you’re having a hard day or going through tough times, you’ll be amazed at how much you have to be grateful for.
- Stand naked in front of the mirror and make peace with the physical body that houses your awesome self! Accept and realize that you are perfect just the way you are.
- Do more of what makes you laugh and smile.
- Start early with your spring cleaning. Empty out your closet and give away anything that doesn’t make you FEEL amazing when you wear it.
- Allow yourself time to “do nothing”. There will always be a ton of things on your to do list and that’s ok.
- Say and think only nice things about your body and the amazing things it enables you to experience in your life. There is no such thing as perfection anyway so embrace the one and only YOU!
- Eat when you’re hungry. Nap when you’re tired. Go for a walk to clear your head. Tell the world your needs matter by making them a priority over doing laundry or grocery shopping.
- Let go of the need for approval – it doesn’t matter what other people think about you. The only thing that matters is how you feel and think about yourself.
- Stop “shoulding” all over yourself. Stop saying that you should do this or should do that. Just do or don’t do and be ok with that.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. You are perfect!
- Set personal boundaries and say NO to something you don’t have time or don’t want to do.
- Run a warm bath, light some candles, listen to soft music, and romance yourself!
It’s important that every day, not just Valentine’s Day, you do as many things as you can to nurture yourself on all levels – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. What are you drawn to? What evokes positive feelings … Exercise? Giving someone a heart-felt compliment? A walk on the beach? Or you might want to starting juicing, learn how to salsa dance, or read more. Whatever it is, decide to do at least one thing that is just for your own self-nurturing each and every day.
In the meantime, I want to support you in your journey of self love by offering you 10% off your next order at XLvita.com. Simply use coupon code LOVE10 at checkout. That’s because taking care of yourself by using natural toxin-free products is a great way to love yourself and your body.
“Dance as though no one is watching you,Love as though you have never been hurt before, Sing as though no one can hear you, Live as though heaven is on earth.” ― Souza